How To Clean My Gutters?
Cleaning out your gutters yourself is pretty straight forward but can be a messy or dangerous job if not done correctly- hence why most call a professional.
The most popular method is clearing your gutters by hand, but a high-pressure hose can help clear out blockages in your down pipes.
How To Clean Your Gutters In 9 Steps!
- Before you start wear work gloves and eye protection to shield yourself from dust, algae and dirty water.
- If using a ladder always have someone holding it to avoid injury, as your personal safety is always priority.
- Place ladder in a comfortable and safe position, don’t overstretch!
- Inspect gutters first, noting any blockages or stagnant water. If there is stagnant water start by unblocking the downpipe first to allow water to drain away.
- Then careful work your way along, using your hand or a garden shovel to break up moss or debris.
- Discard gunk and rubble in a garbage bag or compost bin, keeping your environment clean.
- Make a proper job of it, by checking the condition of your gutters and sealing any leaks you find.
- If you find mould use a diluted solution of bleach and water in a spray bottle to remove
- Finally sweep up any fallen debris on the floor as this may attract flies and insects.
Following those steps will ensure your gutters are blockage free and functioning as they were designed. Of course, the safest and most time efficient way is to have them cleaned by a professional.
Save Time and Stress - Get a Professional!
- We have professional equipment that sucks all dirt, stones and moss out of those gutter channels and down pipes.
- Our SkyVac kit and its extendable features means not only can we can reach as high as 3rd floor but we don’t have to leave the ground to do it.
- This removes the risk of falling and marking of exterior walls which comes when using ladders.
- It also works perfectly down side returns where space is limited and our attachable camera allows us to provide before and after footage or your gutters!
In our professional opinion we suggest using a trained professional to:
- Save time and hassle.
- Avoid a costly injury that could stop you from doing the work you do best.
- Relax in the comfort of your house knowing your reliable gutter cleaner is on the job!
To find out about our gutter cleaning services please feel free to email, phone or WhatsApp us. We offer free quotes so you have nothing to lose by calling!